Our Idaho Hard Money Loans Make Property Renovations Simple
The Northwest is a favored year-round vacation destination.
If you own rental properties that draw winter recreation enthusiasts, now is an excellent time to prepare your real estate investment for the cold weather months ahead.
Take these steps to keep your tenants warm and happy and your investment property protected against extreme weather conditions.
6 Steps to Prepare Your Rental Property for Cold Weather
Get your rental ready for winter with these six weatherization tips:
- Exterior: Check the foundation for cracks and repair vulnerable or weak spots with caulk or sealant. Pay extra attention to structural areas most exposed to wind and the elements. If you’re in a colder climate, consider adding exterior insulation to concrete or brick walls to prevent cold air from seeping through.
- Interior: Head inside and check the insulation in the attic and crawl spaces. Look for signs of water damage or mold and replace or add insulation where needed. If your crawl space is ventilated, make sure vapor barrier is installed correctly to prevent moisture and mold from building up.
- HVAC: Schedule a professional maintenance check to confirm the furnace is in good working order. Change out air filters and have a supply on hand. To prevent pipes from freezing in a vacant rental when temperatures drop, set the thermostat at 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roof & gutters: Check the roof for loose or missing shingles and make any needed repairs. Clean leaves and debris from gutters and downspouts, seal up cracks and joints, and ensure they’re properly aligned and securely attached. Trim low-hanging branches away from the roofline.
- Doors & windows: Inspect all windows and exterior doors for cracks, leaks, or damage. Replace worn weatherstripping where needed. Calk and seal gaps and cracks against cold air.
- Plumbing: Take proactive steps to prevent a cold-weather crisis. Schedule a plumber to inspect pipes for any damage, weak spots, or missing insulation that might lead to frozen pipes.
Protect your real estate investment against the elements. Investing in upfront repairs now will pay off in the long term!
Get an Idaho Hard Money Loan to Purchase Investment Properties
If you’re in the market for an investment property and looking for financing, a hard money loan from Gregory M. Russell may be a great fit. Experienced real estate investors use our direct, private money loans for rental property purchases and fix and flip investments. We’re a great alternative to conventional lenders. If you have available equity, we have money to lend without the hassle of paperwork or a time-consuming approval process. We have helped investors achieve their goals in real estate for three decades with loan services that are fast and easy. Give us a call at 1-888-477-0444 or complete our online loan request form at your convenience.