Request a Hard Money Loan for Investment Property Improvements
A well-maintained rental property will attract – and keep – good tenants.
Whether you’ve purchased a new property or own an existing rental that needs a refresh, upgrades don’t have to be expensive or time intensive.
These five upgrades add appeal and value to your rental – and offer high return for your time and dollar. Many are DIY and some can be done in a weekend. And they’ll all put a smile on your tenant’s face.
5 Rental Property Upgrades That Add Tenant-Friendly Value
- Fresh paint: A new coat of quality paint is a quick, easy way to freshen up a space. Neutral colors (white, cream, beige, gray) will appeal to the largest number of potential tenants.
- Flooring: Wood flooring is a smart long-term choice for a rental property and worth the upfront investment. Upkeep is minimal compared to carpets that require cleaning and replacement. And many tenants prefer the look.
- Bathroom & kitchen: A total renovation may not be financially feasible. But a quick cosmetic update of cabinet hardware and faucets can give a bathroom or kitchen a fresher, more contemporary look.
- Backsplash: A stylishly tiled kitchen backsplash is both attractive and practical. Add or replace your rental’s backsplash with a classic tile for a smart touch.
- Curb appeal: A rental’s exterior is as important as the interior and first impressions count. A freshly painted front door, trimmed trees and shrubs, good mailbox, and well-placed potted plants say “welcome home” and add to a property’s appeal.
Keep your rental property in good shape for satisfied tenants and the highest ROI. Happy renters mean lower vacancy rates – and steady rental income.
Need Fast Cash for Rental Renovations? Get an Idaho Private Money Loan
When you need fast financing for investment property renovations and a traditional bank loan isn’t an option, talk to a hard money lender like Gregory M. Russell. We provide experienced private money loan services to investors throughout Idaho. With 30 years in the industry, we know real estate and understand the challenges of rental investments and the tenant-landlord relationship. Our hard money loans are easy-qualifying; your credit history is not an issue. Call us at 1-888-477-0444 to learn more or complete our simple online loan request form today.