Make Your Investment Property Winter Ready with an Idaho Hard Money Loan
Temperatures are dropping and it’s a great time of year to put a fire in the fireplace for warmth and coziness.
Fireplaces add to the look and feel of a room and provide a natural heat source. But a wood burning fireplace (as well as gas or electric) requires proper care and upkeep.
Keep your home or investment property safe with fireplace maintenance tips this winter season.
Tips to Make Your Fireplace Safe & Enjoyable
- Schedule a professional inspection and cleaning of your fireplace and chimney each year.
- Make sure the exterior area around your chimney is clear of tree branches. Install a chimney cap to keep away debris and small animals.
- Clean your fireplace between fires. Use a metal container to dispose of ashes once they are cool, and store it a safe distance from your home.
- Keep the area around your fireplace clear of decorative items and furniture. Store wood and matches a safe distance away.
- Make sure you have proper ventilation whenever you light a fire. Open the flue and vents. Crack a window for an efficient burn.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector. Today’s airtight, energy-efficient homes and use of synthetic fire logs contribute to increased danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Use a fireplace screen or doors to keep embers in check and children and pets safe. Glass doors provide the added bonus of insulating your room from drafts once a fire dies down or goes out.
- Burn only dry, seasoned wood – ideally hardwood. Avoid burning young, green, recently cut wood; the high moisture content produces smoke and creosote.
- Never use gasoline, lighter fluid or other flammable liquid to start a fire in a fireplace.
- Keep a fire extinguisher close by for emergencies.
Maintain your fireplace and take a few precautions, and you’ll be able to enjoy a warm and cozy winter.
Need Fast Cash for Upgrades? Talk to Our Private Money Loan Team
Maintenance goes hand in hand with investing in real estate. If you need cash to make your investment property “winter ready,” we can help. Our hard money loans are easy qualifying, based on your available equity. Gregory M. Russell has helped Idaho investors get the financing they need for over 30 years. Call our hard money lender team at 1-888-477-0444 to learn more. Or apply online today. We’re here to help.