Make Property Improvements with an Easy-Apply Equity Loan
Spring is the perfect time of year to throw open windows and deep clean.
There’s one out-of-sight, out-of-mind part of the house that you may not think of. Look up. Your attic is typically a neglected space that collects dust and dirt – often for years.
Allergens from mold and accumulated dust can seep through ceiling cracks, lighting fixtures, and HVAC systems over time, creating health issues and allergies.
Focus cleaning efforts on your attic space for better health and peace of mind. And you might find a cleaner attic sparks conversion and remodeling ideas!
How to Get Your Attic in Tip-Top Shape
Follow these steps to deep clean your attic:
- Remove any large items or debris taking up space. This will give you more room to move around and make the cleaning process easier.
- Dust and sweep the entire attic, paying extra attention to fixtures, corners, and hard-to-reach areas. Use an electrostatic cloth or duster to effectively grab and hold dust. Wear a mask and gloves as protection against dust and allergens.
- Thoroughly vacuum the space with a HEPA filter vacuum cleaner. (Alternative: Put a new, high-efficiency filter in your vacuum.) Use a hose attachment to remove cobwebs and dust from walls, ceilings, and other surfaces.
- Wipe down surfaces, including shelves and storage containers, with a damp cloth to remove remaining dirt and dust. Use a disinfectant spray or solution to kill any bacteria or germs that may be present.
- Replace any dirty or damaged air filters or insulation to improve air quality and energy efficiency.
Once you’ve finished cleaning:
- Do a walk-around of the exterior of your home. Inspect the roof, walls, and windows for small cracks or openings. Check the attic ventilation screen. Seal and repair any attic air leaks or holes.
- Consider adding new storage to your attic, including fresh shelving and plastic storage containers to keep the space organized and easy to clean.
Our Idaho Hard Money Loans are Great for Financing Upgrades
If you have ideas for renovations and need financing, our private lending team can help. Gregory M. Russell is the go-to lender for Idaho real estate investors. Our hard money loans are the ideal financing solution for investment property upgrades, including fix-and-flips and rental property improvements. Call us at 1-888-477-0444 to learn about our equity-based hard money loan solutions. Or complete our online loan request form. It’s simple and streamlined, and you can have money in hand for your real estate investment project in ten days or less.