Make Upgrades with an Easy Idaho Hard Money Loan
Young home buyers are entering the housing market in greater numbers. And millennials and Gen Zers are looking for features in first-home purchases that complement their lifestyles and work habits.
If you invest in real estate or are preparing to sell a property, keeping this next generation of home buyers in mind and how their priorities are shaping the real estate market is essential. By appealing to their preferences and priorities, you will expand the potential return on your investment.
Here are some home features most popular with first-time and younger home buyers today.
5 Home Features That Appeal to Young Home Buyers
- Sustainability: Young home buyers prioritize environmentally friendly features that promote energy efficiency, reduce the carbon footprint, and lower utility bills. Solar panels, energy-efficient appliances, and smart home technologies resonate with this eco-conscious generation.
- Office space: The rise of remote work and the gig economy has led to a growing need for dedicated home office spaces. Potential buyers look for areas that can be transformed into functional workspaces, whether it’s a separate room, a stairs nook, a closet, loft, or other flexible space that can be adapted to changing needs.
- Smart home technology: Young buyers are highly tech-savvy and appreciate homes with smart home technology. Features from automated lighting and temperature control to security systems and voice-activated assistances offer convenience, energy efficiency, and a modern living experience. The ability to control various home features through smartphone apps particularly appeals to this tech-driven generation.
- Outdoor living space: For many younger home buyers, the concept of home extends to the outdoors. Millennials and Gen Zers with growing families embrace living spaces that foster memory-making and well-being. They desire a deck, patio, balcony, or backyard space that provides an opportunity for relaxation, entertainment, socialization, and a connection to nature.
- Storage solutions: The younger generation of buyers bring an abundance of belongings with them, from sporting equipment to tech gadgets to hobby supplies. They want ample dedicated storage space to help keep their homes organized and clutter-free. Efficient storage solutions, such as built-ins, closets, multi-purpose furniture, garage organizers, and detached sheds, are highly valued.
The wants and needs of young home buyers are shaping the real estate market. By appealing to their interests, you can help ensure a successful sale or rental of your investment property and the continued growth of your real estate portfolio.
Our Private Money Loans Can Help Finance Your Idaho Investment
Need financing for a real estate investment purchase or property upgrades? Talk to our team of experienced private lenders. We provide streamlined hard money loan services to Idaho real estate investors. Our loans are based on your available equity and ability to repay, not your credit or employment history. Paperwork is minimal. So, you can have money in hand quickly. Gregory M. Russell has been Idaho’s trusted hard money lender for over three decades. Call 1-888-477-0444 today or fill out our online loan request form. It’s that easy!